Guess what?: Putri Indonesia wants to help street kids
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Newly crowned Putri Indonesia Whulandary Herman says she wants to help street children as part of her beauty queen duties.
“During the quarantine, we visited street children communities. And I made a promise to myself that, win or lose, I would go there again,” she said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
“They need more attention, not only money.”
Whulan said that visits to street children communities would be on her list of official working program as Putri Indonesia, and beyond.
The woman, who hails from West Sumatra, was crowned 2013’s Putri Indonesia on Saturday.
- Beijing under no illusion Manila will pivot away from Washington
- Protesters demand Ahok’s imprisonment
- Chinese projects not yet translating
- NU volunteers praise Ahok for his attention to Muslims
- Malaysians encouraged to invest in Indonesian tourism
- Malaysia deports 78 Indonesian workers
- Man detained after picture of bruised girlfriend goes viral
- No subsidies for Pertamina in one-price policy
- City irked by ride-hailing app drivers
- Activists up the ante against reclamation