Guess what?: Putri Indonesia wants to help street kids
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: Newly crowned Putri Indonesia Whulandary Herman says she wants to help street children as part of her beauty queen duties.
“During the quarantine, we visited street children communities. And I made a promise to myself that, win or lose, I would go there again,” she said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
“They need more attention, not only money.”
Whulan said that visits to street children communities would be on her list of official working program as Putri Indonesia, and beyond.
The woman, who hails from West Sumatra, was crowned 2013’s Putri Indonesia on Saturday.
- Jokowi treason arrests questioned
- Taeyeon and Wiz Khalifa tussle over MAMA performance
- RCEP negotiators pick up pace amid TPP's imminent collapse
- Slow economic growth predicted in 2017: Economists
- N. Jakarta district court chief to lead Ahok's blasphemy trial
- Car Free Day initiator wants ‘Kita Indonesia’ organizer to apologize
- Ahok blasphemy trial to start Thursday
- Pilot of crashed plane promised to go home to East Nusa Tenggara for Christmas
- KPK signs agreement with police, AGO to ease monitoring of graft cases
- Papua to see air navigation system upgrades to prevent more crashes