House proposes new limits to foreign bank ownership
The Jakarta Post
Taking another shot to prevent the dominance of overseas-based lenders, some members of the House of Representatives have called for a further limitation of foreign ownership of the country’s banks.
Lawmakers from Commission XI overseeing finance and banking said they plan to revise a clause in the banking law that allows foreign investors to own up to 99 percent of the shares in Indones...
- Taipei guide: Four places where fireflies light up the night sky
- Six Singaporean military personnel deported after Batam raid
- Bali declared world's top destination for 2017
- Norwegian man caught stealing iPhone at Garuda lounge
- Duterte says he can be 50 times more brutal than terrorists
- Nearing 100-day mark, Trump says milestone not 'meaningful'
- Kanye West, adidas announce launch of newest Yeezy sneakers
- The sad saga of North Korea's ATMs
- Anies refuses to talk about programs until official election result
- French stocks soar to near-decade highs as Macron tops poll