House proposes new limits to foreign bank ownership
The Jakarta Post
Taking another shot to prevent the dominance of overseas-based lenders, some members of the House of Representatives have called for a further limitation of foreign ownership of the country’s banks.
Lawmakers from Commission XI overseeing finance and banking said they plan to revise a clause in the banking law that allows foreign investors to own up to 99 percent of the shares in Indones...
- House asked to open up closed-door discussion on terrorism bill
- AGO probes alleged corruption implicating Pertamina Patra Niaga, Ratu Energy Indonesia
- PlayStation VR owners can now watch 360-degree YouTube videos
- Local startup caters to pet-related needs
- Terror convicts may still be radical despite renouncing terrorism
- Ad hoc team begins studying Patimban project
- Theater show about Maluku's Run Island to be performed in New York
- Indonesia probes police unit held in Sudan
- Jokowi calls for cuts to gas prices
- Ahok reports FPI leaders to police for perjury