House proposes new limits to foreign bank ownership
The Jakarta Post
Taking another shot to prevent the dominance of overseas-based lenders, some members of the House of Representatives have called for a further limitation of foreign ownership of the country’s banks.
Lawmakers from Commission XI overseeing finance and banking said they plan to revise a clause in the banking law that allows foreign investors to own up to 99 percent of the shares in Indones...
- Don't be afraid to come to Bali: Minister
- GenPI West Sumatra to host Siti Nurbaya Market
- Indonesia Tempeh Movement's Amadeus gives talk at Harvard Business School
- Jokowi appoints Robert Pakpahan as new tax chief
- Indonesia, South Korea initiate plan to develop electric car battery
- Drone flown over Mount Agung to detect volcanic activity
- 'Real Bali' as Western construct: Rethinking tourism's 'ruination' of Bali
- Researchers spot interstellar visitor
- Anies invited to ‘anti-Ahok’ 212 Rally Alumni gathering
- How social media is polarizing politics