House to summon BIN over CIA cooperation
Margareth S. Aritonang and Hans Nicholas Jong
The Jakarta Post
The House of Representatives said it would question the National Intelligence Agency (BIN) next week over a report saying Indonesia was complicit in the US Central Intelligence Agency’s (CIA) secret operation to detain and torture suspected terrorists worldwide following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
“The publication of the report has apparently gained public attention. Thus, we will ask...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion
- Only 40 percent of Indonesians can afford to buy a house: Sri Mulyani