KPU to decide on PKPI’s fate next week
The Jakarta Post
The General Elections Commission (KPU) said on Friday that next week it would decide whether the Indonesian Justice and Unity Party (PKPI) would be allowed to contest the 2014 polls.
The Election Supervisory Committee (Bawaslu) ruled that the PKPI could join the upcoming elections because the KPU had failed to conduct a thorough contestant verification process to determine the party’s el...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Dozens of Rohingya come ashore in Indonesia
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga