Text your say: MRT and monorail projects
The Jakarta Post
Your comments on a statement made by Governor Joko Widodo that construction of the mass rapid transit (MRT) and monorail projects would start this month as the Jakarta administration and central government had agreed on their respective shares of funding:
It will help if it the tickets are cheap enough for most people!
Taco de Vries
Jakarta must learn from Bangkok on how to dissipate traffic and flooding problems.
The construction of the MRT and monorail projects in Jakarta will help solve the city’s notorious traffic congestion.
Actually, the project should have been done 10 -15 years ago.
The money that will be spent on the project, I think, will be comparable to the impact on daily congestion. Let all us Jakartans participate in supporting and monitoring the project.
I can’t wait to see the operation of the two public transportation modes, Go Mas Jokowi, go.
Jokowi for president?
Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo tops a survey’s list of potential presidential candidates. The survey indicated he was more popular than older hopefuls like Prabowo Subianto and Megawati Soekarnoputri. What are your thoughts on a potential Jokowi candidacy?
Send your thoughts by email, SMS, Twitter or Facebook. Include your name and city.
tjpforum SMS +628111872772 [email protected]
- Two foreign tourists die in motorcycle accident in Bali
- Man accused of charging illegal fees to former East Timor residents
- Hong Kong to lure tourists with food festival
- LPG explosion in Pizza Hut outlet destroys four buildings
- EU supports development of Lake Toba tourism
- Jokowi's achievements need closer scrutiny: Indef
- Govt urged to pay more attention to farmers' welfare
- Victory in sight, Clinton still grapples with negative views
- Two Malaysians arrested in Batam for suspected human trafficking
- Australian delegation to meet trade minister Monday for meat talks