Text your say: MRT and monorail projects
The Jakarta Post
Your comments on a statement made by Governor Joko Widodo that construction of the mass rapid transit (MRT) and monorail projects would start this month as the Jakarta administration and central government had agreed on their respective shares of funding:
It will help if it the tickets are cheap enough for most people!
Taco de Vries
Jakarta must learn from Bangkok on how to dissipate traffic and flooding problems.
The construction of the MRT and monorail projects in Jakarta will help solve the city’s notorious traffic congestion.
Actually, the project should have been done 10 -15 years ago.
The money that will be spent on the project, I think, will be comparable to the impact on daily congestion. Let all us Jakartans participate in supporting and monitoring the project.
I can’t wait to see the operation of the two public transportation modes, Go Mas Jokowi, go.
Jokowi for president?
Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo tops a survey’s list of potential presidential candidates. The survey indicated he was more popular than older hopefuls like Prabowo Subianto and Megawati Soekarnoputri. What are your thoughts on a potential Jokowi candidacy?
Send your thoughts by email, SMS, Twitter or Facebook. Include your name and city.
tjpforum SMS +628111872772 [email protected]
- Islamic religious texts must be read in context to understand blasphemy
- Protesters put pressure on Metro TV, Kompas TV over ‘biased reporting’
- 8 arrested on treason charges ahead of rally
- LIVE REPORT: Anti-Ahok rally
- Thousands of worshipers flock to Monas for anti-Ahok gathering
- Hard for Ahok to bounce back: Expert
- N. Sumatra governor fires official after intimidation from angry anti-Ahok crowd
- Singer Ahmad Dhani, activists declared treason suspects
- Police satisfied with peaceful anti-Ahok rally
- C.Java protesters demand Ahok’s immediate incarceration