Your letters: End violence against girls
The Jakarta Post
When a 23-year-old student in Delhi was beaten and gang raped as she rode a bus home, it shocked the world and sparked mass protests against violent attitudes toward women.
In India, the gruesome attack forced the nation to have an uncomfortable conversation about the deep-rooted discrimination against its women. But this is not an isolated case — sadly, violence is a fact of life for ma...
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Indonesia ranks 7th in travel freedom among Southeast Asian countries
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death