Your letters: End violence against girls
The Jakarta Post
When a 23-year-old student in Delhi was beaten and gang raped as she rode a bus home, it shocked the world and sparked mass protests against violent attitudes toward women.
In India, the gruesome attack forced the nation to have an uncomfortable conversation about the deep-rooted discrimination against its women. But this is not an isolated case — sadly, violence is a fact of life for ma...
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Indonesia plans to export LNG to Pakistan, Bangladesh
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- ‘Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition’ slated for March
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Turkey starts lifting stricken plane from cliff
- Chance to push for IMF quota reform?
- Jakarta hospitals face perennial problems
- Myanmar makes record drug bust with 30 million meth pills