ROBERT LEMELSON: Filming mental illness
The Jakarta Post
ROBERT LEMELSON. Courtesy of Robert Lemelson American anthropologist Robert Lemelson has spent the last 20 years documenting the lives of the mentally ill in Indonesia through films — the first person to do so in the developing world.
One of the few documentary filmmakers to explore psychiatric conditions in a non-Western context, Lemelson has made over a dozen films in Indonesia. He has ...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash