Comments: No special congress to dump Anas: SBY
The Jakarta Post
Feb. 17, Online
Democratic Party advisory board chief President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has said his party has not called a special congress to replace chairman Anas Urbaningrum as suggested by some party members.
“Yudhoyono has clearly indicated that there will be no attempt to organize a special congress, let alone replace Anas Urbaningrum as party chairman,” head of the party’s external affairs and NGO division Andi Nurpati said after the party’s leadership meeting on Sunday, as quoted by kompas.com.
It’s a typical case of SBY’s inaction. One minute he says he’s going to dump Anas and the next he is his pal. He never does what he says he will do.
He is probably scared of what information Anas has on other ministers. The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) already has information that Anas received a luxury car as a payment for graft, but who cares?
As always, I’ve been expecting the problem faced by this party to be solved soon. The more time the party takes in solving this problem, the more SBY is absent from his presidential duties.
- Parties launch diversity campaign, counter anti-Ahok rally
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
- In remote Indian village, cannabis is its only livelihood
- Setya Novanto, Surya Paloh stand up for diversity after anti-Ahok rally
- Ahok supporters lambasted for bringing party attributes to Car Free Day
- Transjakarta summons operator for allegedly renting out buses for political gathering
- Four dead, one missing as storms lash southern Thailand
- Indonesia keeps hopes high after 2-1 win over Vietnam
- Italians vote in referendum, Renzi vows to quit if he loses
- Trump shrugs off fuss over Taiwan call