Comments: No special congress to dump Anas: SBY
The Jakarta Post
Feb. 17, Online
Democratic Party advisory board chief President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has said his party has not called a special congress to replace chairman Anas Urbaningrum as suggested by some party members.
“Yudhoyono has clearly indicated that there will be no attempt to organize a special congress, let alone replace Anas Urbaningrum as party chairman,” head of the party’s external affairs and NGO division Andi Nurpati said after the party’s leadership meeting on Sunday, as quoted by kompas.com.
It’s a typical case of SBY’s inaction. One minute he says he’s going to dump Anas and the next he is his pal. He never does what he says he will do.
He is probably scared of what information Anas has on other ministers. The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) already has information that Anas received a luxury car as a payment for graft, but who cares?
As always, I’ve been expecting the problem faced by this party to be solved soon. The more time the party takes in solving this problem, the more SBY is absent from his presidential duties.
- Convenient confusion: Indonesia's incorporation of international law
- Indonesia up 15 places in Ease of Doing Business index
- Jessica prepared for Thursday's verdict
- Indonesia-Australia continue to strengthen cooperation: Bishop
- Govt to allow nickel ore, bauxite exports under new rules
- Leessang’s Kang Gary to leave ‘Running Man’
- Govt foils attempts to smuggle Rp 33.15b worth lobster seeds
- Jokowi set to open Interpol conference in Bali next month
- Green facility launched to promote economy, achieves climate targets
- Customs catch three vessels smuggling shallots from Malaysia