Massive layoffs inevitable: Businesspeople
The Jakarta Post
Extensive layoffs in Indonesia’s manufacturing and service sectors are growing inevitable as the businesspeople’s appeal to the government to suspend the rise in minimum wages goes unheeded, a senior businessman says.
Indonesian Employers Association (Apindo) chairman Sofjan Wanandi said that at least 500,000 workers in about 1,500 companies across the country might lose their jobs in ...
- Report unveils Muslim Cyber Army’s modus, purpose
- Japan condom makers hope for 2020 Olympic lift
- PRS admits to selling expired food
- LGBT people face uphill battle for rights
- EDITORIAL: Critical look at govt debt
- WhatsApp co-founder says it’s about time Facebook was deleted
- Indonesian film 'Kartini' screened at the UN in New York
- Indonesia to expand domestic biodiesel use
- Saudis revamp school curriculum to combat Muslim Brotherhood
- US Fed to hike interest rates for first time in 2018