Gorontalo’s mangrove forests in dire need of protection
Syamsul Huda M. Suhari
The Jakarta Post
The Tanjung Panjang Nature Reserve in Patuhu village, Rangangan, Pohuwato regency, Gorontalo, is becoming increasingly degraded as almost the entire mangrove conservation area has been converted into an aquaculture area, aimed at fish and shrimp farming.
Rahman Dako from Tomini Bay Sustainable Coastal and Livelihood Management (SUSCLAM), an NGO focusing on mangrove conservation and coastal ...
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Holidaying Malaysian students rapped for bad behavior in Japan
- Palembang to highlight Sriwijaya kingdom, Asian Games in upcoming festival
- Central government certifies islets C and D
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Ten sailors missing after US destroyer collision off Singapore