Saving a Pacific ambassador from extinction
The Jakarta Post
At risk: A leatherback turtle sits on a beach in West Papua in this undated photo. Courtesy of Daniel TaduTurtles are cute but scared animals.
Hindus believe the world is supported by four of them, while others believe turtles are a symbol of long life and peace.
In several areas of Indonesia, sea turtles are very important for ceremonies. On the Kei islands in Maluku, people hunt se...
- Obama’s Bali trip includes museum visit, rice terraces, rafting adventure
- 7-Eleven loses steam due to alcohol ban, tight margin: Business group
- Jokowi enjoys 'mudik' to Surakarta for Idul Fitri
- Medan attack perpetrators want to steal weapons for next terrorist operations: Police
- Men mugged with lighter in Bekasi
- As maids enjoy 'mudik,' Greater Jakarta families stay at hotels
- N. Jakarta officials improve data to pave way for Anies's OK-OCE program
- Pakistan marks grim Eid after oil tanker inferno kills 153
- Do not return on weekend, toll road operator tells Jakartans
- Medan Police attackers linked to IS: Police