Saving a Pacific ambassador from extinction
The Jakarta Post
At risk: A leatherback turtle sits on a beach in West Papua in this undated photo. Courtesy of Daniel TaduTurtles are cute but scared animals.
Hindus believe the world is supported by four of them, while others believe turtles are a symbol of long life and peace.
In several areas of Indonesia, sea turtles are very important for ceremonies. On the Kei islands in Maluku, people hunt se...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE