Saving a Pacific ambassador from extinction
The Jakarta Post
At risk: A leatherback turtle sits on a beach in West Papua in this undated photo. Courtesy of Daniel TaduTurtles are cute but scared animals.
Hindus believe the world is supported by four of them, while others believe turtles are a symbol of long life and peace.
In several areas of Indonesia, sea turtles are very important for ceremonies. On the Kei islands in Maluku, people hunt se...
- Noose tightens around FPI leader
- Pinot competes with Beyonce in annual social media awards
- Businessman detained for tax evasion
- Anti graft body may detain ex-Garuda Indonesia CEO on Rolls Royce deals
- Three Indonesians kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf
- Police ban transgender cultural event in South Sulawesi
- Restaurant presents live penguins as part of conservation program
- Protesters make their mark on Trump's inauguration
- Asia’s most and least powerful passports
- 2NE1 to say ‘Good Bye’ to their fans