CITES and Indonesia: So why care about a ‘fish’?
Stamps Howard and Kala Mulqueeny
The manta ray — a valuable ocean resource — is in drastic decline across Southeast Asia.
This week, in Thailand at the Conference of the Parties on the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES), Indonesia has a chance to vote on doing something to stop that decline. Brazil, Columbia and Ecuador have proposed to add manta ray to the list of species protected in inte...
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- 'What do they need doping for?' Shock at curling drugs case
- Marines drink cobra blood in US-Thai war drills
- Police beef up security to protect clerics, houses of worship following attacks
- Online shops offer ‘Black Panther’-inspired ‘baju koko’
- Study links acne with increased risk of depression