Govt fails again in sukuk auction on inflation fears
The Jakarta Post
The Finance Ministry’s debt management failed to meet its target in the offering of Islamic bonds (sukuk) on Tuesday, the second time since mid February, as investors demanded yields higher than the government’s offer due to accelerating inflation.
The government raised only Rp 760 billion (US$78.4 million) in the auction, half of its indicative target of Rp 1.5 trillion, although total...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga