Conflicts and nuclear threats can trigger war in East Asia
Jakarta | Fri, March 8 2013 | 10:31 am
PREMIUMAmid rising military tensions caused by regional territorial conflicts and the unpredictable nuclear arms development in North Korea, the East Asia region this year is marked with the emergence of new leaderships.
China’s Xi Jinping, who will soon take over the presidency from Hu Jintao, is facing slower economic growth and a rising number of middle class in China who want more say in dai...
- Convicted drug smuggler Corby returns to Australia from Bali
- Three dead as truck rams into motorcyclists in Medan
- Man nabbed for spreading fake chat impersonating top cops
- Extraordinary measures needed to root out terrorists: BIN chief
- North Jakarta sees 45 fires in four months
- Police arrest another man with suspected links to E. Jakarta bombings
- Girl locked up for days by new Facebook friend in West Jakarta
- Investigation of helicopter procurement graft might target higher officials
- Ericsson, ITB collaborate for Internet of Things research
- Jakarta train stations to provide passengers with 'takjil'