House, government set to revise ‘colonial’ Criminal Code
Ina Parlina and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
After 49 years, the House of Representatives and the government will begin considering revisions to the outdated Criminal Code (KUHP) and Criminal Code Procedures (KUHAP).
The House has agreed to work on updating the existing KUHP and KUHAP, which many say are nothing but copies of colonial laws. “KUHAP and KUHP are the legacy of the Dutch colonial administration. They are no longer rele...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia