House, government set to revise ‘colonial’ Criminal Code
Ina Parlina and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
After 49 years, the House of Representatives and the government will begin considering revisions to the outdated Criminal Code (KUHP) and Criminal Code Procedures (KUHAP).
The House has agreed to work on updating the existing KUHP and KUHAP, which many say are nothing but copies of colonial laws. “KUHAP and KUHP are the legacy of the Dutch colonial administration. They are no longer rele...
- Why RCEP is more dangerous than Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Ahok donates Rp 200 million for dancing fountain renovation
- Dutch national arrested over alleged hashish possession
- Redenomination not in near future: Jokowi
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police
- Cut! Regulators at odds with censors
- Celebrities lash out at Trump’s decision to ban transgenders from military service
- Finish your antibiotics course? Maybe not, experts say
- SBY welcomes Prabowo to meeting with 'nasi goreng'
- City to repair sidewalks with leftover budget from Semanggi project