House, government set to revise ‘colonial’ Criminal Code
Ina Parlina and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
After 49 years, the House of Representatives and the government will begin considering revisions to the outdated Criminal Code (KUHP) and Criminal Code Procedures (KUHAP).
The House has agreed to work on updating the existing KUHP and KUHAP, which many say are nothing but copies of colonial laws. “KUHAP and KUHP are the legacy of the Dutch colonial administration. They are no longer rele...
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- A world without America
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad