House, government set to revise ‘colonial’ Criminal Code
Ina Parlina and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
After 49 years, the House of Representatives and the government will begin considering revisions to the outdated Criminal Code (KUHP) and Criminal Code Procedures (KUHAP).
The House has agreed to work on updating the existing KUHP and KUHAP, which many say are nothing but copies of colonial laws. “KUHAP and KUHP are the legacy of the Dutch colonial administration. They are no longer rele...
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018