Hair — not necessarily frivolous
A general view of the exhibition.Who among us has not experienced “a bad hair day” contributing to a momentary phase of dissatisfaction?
The expression hints at the importance of hair in our self-image and sense of well-being, besides a deeper symbolism reaching far into the past. A symbol of seduction, rebellion and belonging, hair is often fetishized and feared.
Hair plays a h...
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers
- Before Parliament violence, other attacks on Britain