Islamic hard-liners may be potential voters
The Jakarta Post
As pollsters predict a grim outlook for Islamic parties in the 2014
legislative election, some parties are making an effort to appeal to
fringe Muslim groups in the country.
The United Development Party (PPP) recently decided to nominate Munarman, controversial spokesman of the vigilante Islam Defenders Front (FPI), as one of its legislative candidates.
In February, PPP ch...
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- One killed, six injured in Bali boat collision
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago
- Divers clean up Bali reefs