Islamic hard-liners may be potential voters
The Jakarta Post
As pollsters predict a grim outlook for Islamic parties in the 2014
legislative election, some parties are making an effort to appeal to
fringe Muslim groups in the country.
The United Development Party (PPP) recently decided to nominate Munarman, controversial spokesman of the vigilante Islam Defenders Front (FPI), as one of its legislative candidates.
In February, PPP ch...
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government