Weekly 5: For the undying love of bread, cakes
The Jakarta Post
A new cake can create culinary hype in the city and its surroundings, as was the case with the red velvet and rainbow cakes that recently became the talk of the town. Despite the growth of new bakeries in shopping malls, a number of vintage bakeries are still satisfying their loyal customers.
Here are a few of the more legendary bakeries that have retained their signature flavors and textur...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE