Ricardo Tapilatu: Falling in love with sea turtles
The Jakarta Post
Courtesy of Ricardo TapilatuPeople say true love lasts forever. For Ricardo Tapiatu, his true love is the sea turtle, especially the leatherback sea turtle.
This native Papuan is happy spending nights watching turtles laying their eggs on the beach, measuring the size of female turtles or checking their nests. He has been doing these activities for almost twenty years and never found himsel...
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Ten sailors missing after US destroyer collision off Singapore