High costs leave Solo’s new railbus system idle
The Jakarta Post
The Batara Kresna Railbus commuter train serving Sukoharjo-Surakarta (Solo)-Yogyakarta has been idle for the last five months due to high operational costs and poor ticket sales.
Launched in July 2011 and starting regular operations in August 2012 with great fanfare, the system closed in November.
During its brief tenure, the railbus experienced continued financial losses, as passen...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses