High costs leave Solo’s new railbus system idle
The Jakarta Post
The Batara Kresna Railbus commuter train serving Sukoharjo-Surakarta (Solo)-Yogyakarta has been idle for the last five months due to high operational costs and poor ticket sales.
Launched in July 2011 and starting regular operations in August 2012 with great fanfare, the system closed in November.
During its brief tenure, the railbus experienced continued financial losses, as passen...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- Obama’s visit to boost Indonesia’s tourism
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash