High costs leave Solo’s new railbus system idle
The Jakarta Post
The Batara Kresna Railbus commuter train serving Sukoharjo-Surakarta (Solo)-Yogyakarta has been idle for the last five months due to high operational costs and poor ticket sales.
Launched in July 2011 and starting regular operations in August 2012 with great fanfare, the system closed in November.
During its brief tenure, the railbus experienced continued financial losses, as passen...
- Telkom to add more Wi-Fi corners in tourist destinations
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler
- Indonesia's most popular Google searches in 2017 revealed
- Indonesia among Asia Pacific countries with slowest internet connection
- 1,000 police officers to guard DWP music festival
- Indonesia making progress in global ICT ranking
- Indonesia, Freeport said to near new deal for giant copper mine