Tapis: Glitz and glamour of Lampung traditional fabrics
The Jakarta Post
Tapis Jabung, Baju Muli and Tapis Kaco (from left to right.)Lampung has a classical heritage in the form of tapis, traditional woven fabric that gleams with golden embroideries.
In “The Splendor of Lampung Tapis: Then and Now” exhibit at Museum Tekstil in Central Jakarta, a collection of 150 tapis fabrics from the 19th century up to modern day are on display until April 7.
- Chinese star Andy Lau fractures spine from horse riding accident
- Indonesian cable TV, property tycoon in DC to attend Trump's inauguration
- Activists apply for judicial review of relaxation of mineral export ban
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- Small farmers not to blame for peat fires: Walhi
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups
- Harry Potter-themed café opens in Singapore
- Apple to raise UK app prices to counter weak pound
- Police investigate possible insult to state symbol during FPI rally
- First-borns tend to be less healthy, study suggests