Tapis: Glitz and glamour of Lampung traditional fabrics
The Jakarta Post
Tapis Jabung, Baju Muli and Tapis Kaco (from left to right.)Lampung has a classical heritage in the form of tapis, traditional woven fabric that gleams with golden embroideries.
In “The Splendor of Lampung Tapis: Then and Now” exhibit at Museum Tekstil in Central Jakarta, a collection of 150 tapis fabrics from the 19th century up to modern day are on display until April 7.
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash