‘Jokowi effect’ lifts PDI-P, graft drags Dems down to the depths
The Jakarta Post
The popularity of Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, who was nominated by the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) in last year’s city election, has rubbed off on the party.
The PDI-P is now seen as the most electable political party in the country, an opinion poll has found.
The National Survey Institute (LSN) found that 20.5 percent of respondents would vote f...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report