Clerics take to street for religious freedom
Fikri Zaki Muhammadi and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Around 200 clerics in Greater Jakarta took to the street on Monday to vent their criticism against the government’s negligence over the ongoing cases on religious intolerance.
The clerics in their cassocks along with the representatives of Shiites, Ahmadis and practitioners of indigenous faiths marched from the Bung Karno Stadium to the House of Representatives’ compound in Senayan, Cen...
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Jakarta gubernatorial candidates fight smear campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter