Clerics take to street for religious freedom
Fikri Zaki Muhammadi and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Around 200 clerics in Greater Jakarta took to the street on Monday to vent their criticism against the government’s negligence over the ongoing cases on religious intolerance.
The clerics in their cassocks along with the representatives of Shiites, Ahmadis and practitioners of indigenous faiths marched from the Bung Karno Stadium to the House of Representatives’ compound in Senayan, Cen...
- Ahok’s loss may lead to Cabinet shake-up
- EA leaks more info on upcoming ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’
- Exhibition to showcase Indonesian cultural heritage for UNESCO list opened
- INSIGHT: Plight of international refugees
- City Hall adorned with wreaths thanking Ahok-Djarot
- Indonesian delegation to embark on series of high-impact visits this week
- BTS wins 9th Shorty Awards
- New business model of fintech-banks set to boost digital economy
- Lee Min-ho opens up on enlistment
- Jokowi uses social media to engage young Indonesians