Clerics take to street for religious freedom
Fikri Zaki Muhammadi and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Around 200 clerics in Greater Jakarta took to the street on Monday to vent their criticism against the government’s negligence over the ongoing cases on religious intolerance.
The clerics in their cassocks along with the representatives of Shiites, Ahmadis and practitioners of indigenous faiths marched from the Bung Karno Stadium to the House of Representatives’ compound in Senayan, Cen...
- Merapi coffee shop draws tourists to Sleman
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- Female baristas serve free coffee at Jakarta Kota Station