Motor show to roll into Jakarta in September
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Thirty-five authorized automobile distributors are expected to take part in this year's Indonesia International Motor Show (IIMS) at the Jakarta International Expo (JI Expo) in Kemayoran, Jakarta, from Sept. 19 to 29.
Under the theme 'Smart, Vehicle, Mobility', this year's motor show would showcase the latest car models with advanced technology and moreaffordable and energy-efficient models, IIMS 2013 organizing committee chairman Johnny Darmawan said in Jakarta on Thursday.
Meanwhile, the chairman of the Indonesian Automotive Association (Gaikindo), Sudirman MR, said that announcement of the show had received a positive response from the public, following the introduction of more affordable models from several car producers.
'As a barometer of the country's automotive industry, Gaikindo hopes this year's motor show will be better organized and will be able to show Indonesia's achievement in the automotive industry,' he said.
- Indonesia over the moon after $9.4 million win against Churchill
- Quake survivors evacuate to neighboring village, fear tsunami
- Sun to shine on Greater Jakarta property market
- Study finds majority of people condemning Ahok's ‘blasphemy’ not well informed
- Rachmawati says meetings, cash transfer not evidence of treason
- Police, Court not yet agree on Ahok's trial venue
- Soft approach essential to beating extremism: Minister
- Intelligence agency: Russia trying to destabilize Germany
- New statistics to track development of create economy
- Charging-device producer Anker aims to tap Indonesian market