Motor show to roll into Jakarta in September
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Thirty-five authorized automobile distributors are expected to take part in this year's Indonesia International Motor Show (IIMS) at the Jakarta International Expo (JI Expo) in Kemayoran, Jakarta, from Sept. 19 to 29.
Under the theme 'Smart, Vehicle, Mobility', this year's motor show would showcase the latest car models with advanced technology and moreaffordable and energy-efficient models, IIMS 2013 organizing committee chairman Johnny Darmawan said in Jakarta on Thursday.
Meanwhile, the chairman of the Indonesian Automotive Association (Gaikindo), Sudirman MR, said that announcement of the show had received a positive response from the public, following the introduction of more affordable models from several car producers.
'As a barometer of the country's automotive industry, Gaikindo hopes this year's motor show will be better organized and will be able to show Indonesia's achievement in the automotive industry,' he said.
- Chinese star Andy Lau fractures spine from horse riding accident
- Indonesian cable TV, property tycoon in DC to attend Trump's inauguration
- Activists apply for judicial review of relaxation of mineral export ban
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- Small farmers not to blame for peat fires: Walhi
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups
- Harry Potter-themed café opens in Singapore
- Apple to raise UK app prices to counter weak pound
- Police investigate possible insult to state symbol during FPI rally
- First-borns tend to be less healthy, study suggests