KPK snaffles Fathanah's luxury pad
Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commision (KPK) seized a house worth Rp 5.8 billion (US$596,000) belonging to Ahmad Fathanah, one of the suspects in the beef import shambles, on Thursday.
According to Kenang of the Pesona Kayangan housing complex, Fathanah has paid Rp 3.8 billion ($390,000) for the house, which has six bedrooms and a swimming pool. Rp 2 billion is outstanding.
'We promised to return the money [that Fathanah had paid], but the rest of the house still belongs to us." he said.
Kenang initially planned to sell the house when Fathanah was arrested in January 2013.
Fathanah's third wife, Sefty Sanustika, said that the house was for her and her baby. Sefty stayed at a Margonda Residence apartment, near the house, while awaiting the house's construction. Sefty moved out of the apartment at the end of January when KPK investigators seized the apartment along with her jewelry and diamonds.
'Not all of his wealth came from that case. Why did they seize everything? How should I support my daughter?' Sefty asked. (nai)
You might also like :
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Demian's 'buried alive Judge Cuts act' YouTube Trending
- Collusion reappears between Jakarta Council, administration after Ahok’s departure: Expert
- Mahathir defends his treatment of Anwar in 1998
- ASEAN a success story of integration
- Election law should not exist: Expert
- Railway director general removed from office
- Philippine bank executive arrested for fraud
- White House spokesman, Trump legal aide quit as Russia probe deepens
- ‘Game of Thrones’ language course offered online, and for free