KPK questions Nanan in driving simulator case, again
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
National Police deputy chief Comr. Gen. Nanan Sukarna appeared at the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK), on Tuesday, to testify as a witness in its investigation into a corruption case centering on the procurement of driving simulator facilities for the budget year of 2011 at the National Police Traffic Corps (Korlantas).
'I have been asked to testify on behalf of Brig. Gen. Didik,' said Nanan, shortly after arriving at the KPK building in Jakarta at around 9 a.m. on Tuesday, as reported by Antara news agency.
Brig. Gen. Didik Purnomo is a former Korlantas deputy chief who has been named as a suspect in the graft case which caused financial losses of Rp 100 billion (US$ 10 million) to the state.
Nanan, who formerly headed the National Police General Supervision Inspectorate (Irwasum) and who once carried out a preliminary audit of the procurement project before giving it the go-ahead, declined to explain his connection to the case.
'We just want to know what the questions will be, the most important thing is that we hope that everything can be revealed completely and transparently,' said Nanan.
Nanan was previously questioned by the KPK as a witness in the same case on behalf of former Korlantas chief Insp. Gen. Djoko Susilo, another suspect, on March 6.
Nanan said that in the previous questioning, he was asked about the function of pre-audit activities in the simulator project. (hrl/ebf)
You might also like :
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens