Susno Duadji to sell house to pay restitution
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Comr. Gen. (ret) Susno Duadji, a graft convict who has been tried and found guilty in two corruption cases, plans to sell his luxury house in the Puri Cinere residential area, Depok City, West Java province.
Susno's lawyer, Untung Sunaryo, said in Jakarta on Wednesday that his client would sell the house in order to pay the Rp 4.2 billion (US$420,000) the court demanded in restitution for the state.
"He has finished his first payment of half-a-billion rupiah and we have handed over his house certificate to the court as collateral for the second payment, which will be done this week," he said as quoted by Tribunnews.com, at the South Jakarta District Court.
"According to the certificate, his house worth Rp 5 billion," he added.
According to Untung, Susno will comply with the court's verdict.
Susno, the former National Police chief detective, was sentenced to three years and six months in prison after being found guilty of corruption.
The verdict was recorded for Case No. 899K/PID.SUS/2012 on Nov. 22, 2012, and upheld by the Jakarta High Court and the Supreme Court in appeal rulings.
Susno was proven guilty of the misappropriation of general election security funds while he was West Java Police chief and also of accepting bribes during the investigation of the PT Salmah Arowana Lestari (SAL) investment scam. (fan)
You might also like :
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed