RI coach sees Arsenal as ideal preparation for Asian Cup
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian national soccer team coach Jacksen F Tiago said a friendly match between the Indonesia Dream Team' and Arsenal was great preparation ahead of Indonesia's continuing attempt to qualify for the 2015 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Asian Cup.
The Indonesian national team, which is currently bottom of Asian Cup qualifying group C with no points, will meet China in an Asian Cup qualification match in October.
'I will use the friendly against Arsenal to evaluate new players,' said Jacksen after a training session in Jakarta on Friday as quoted by kompas.com. He hoped his strategy would serve the team well in the match against the Gunners, as Arsenal is commonly known.
The match is scheduled at the Bung Karno Stadium in Senayan, Central Jakarta, at 8:45 p.m. local time on Sunday.
Jacksen said he had prepared his team to play against China and that whatever tactics he used against the Gunners would be replicated for the qualification match against China in October.
Jacksen said the coaching staff had evaluated the national team's previous match against the Dutch national soccer team in Jakarta, on June 7. The former Brazilian footballer said that after looking at the condition and preparations undertaken at the national team training camp, he was sure his players had made significant progress.
'In principle, we will develop a mature concept of playing soccer that belongs to the Indonesian team. I hope all players can maintain their balanced diets and get enough sleep so they can perform optimally,' said Jacksen.
After hosting Arsenal, the Indonesian team will meet with two other English Premier League giants, Liverpool and Chelsea. (apt/ebf)
You might also like :
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth
- Quality of West Kalimantan airport questioned following ceiling collapse