RI coach sees Arsenal as ideal preparation for Asian Cup
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian national soccer team coach Jacksen F Tiago said a friendly match between the Indonesia Dream Team' and Arsenal was great preparation ahead of Indonesia's continuing attempt to qualify for the 2015 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Asian Cup.
The Indonesian national team, which is currently bottom of Asian Cup qualifying group C with no points, will meet China in an Asian Cup qualification match in October.
'I will use the friendly against Arsenal to evaluate new players,' said Jacksen after a training session in Jakarta on Friday as quoted by kompas.com. He hoped his strategy would serve the team well in the match against the Gunners, as Arsenal is commonly known.
The match is scheduled at the Bung Karno Stadium in Senayan, Central Jakarta, at 8:45 p.m. local time on Sunday.
Jacksen said he had prepared his team to play against China and that whatever tactics he used against the Gunners would be replicated for the qualification match against China in October.
Jacksen said the coaching staff had evaluated the national team's previous match against the Dutch national soccer team in Jakarta, on June 7. The former Brazilian footballer said that after looking at the condition and preparations undertaken at the national team training camp, he was sure his players had made significant progress.
'In principle, we will develop a mature concept of playing soccer that belongs to the Indonesian team. I hope all players can maintain their balanced diets and get enough sleep so they can perform optimally,' said Jacksen.
After hosting Arsenal, the Indonesian team will meet with two other English Premier League giants, Liverpool and Chelsea. (apt/ebf)
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Nude rider arrested upon entering airport complex in West Kalimantan
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”