KPU updates data on eligible voters abroad
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The General Elections Commission (KPU) has said that it is currently working with related institutions to verify the preliminary voters list (DPS) for Indonesian nationals abroad.
The related institutions are the Foreign Affairs Ministry, the Law and Human Rights Ministry as well as organizations focusing on migrant care.
'The institutions will hand down data to us and we will verify it,' KPU commissioner Ferry Kurnia Rizkiyansyah said in Jakarta on Thursday, as quoted by kompas.com.
He said that Indonesians abroad whose names had yet to be listed in the Foreign Ministry's list of eligible voters (DP4P) would have their names recorded in the DPS , adding that the commission would update the data until Sept. 13.
According to Ferry, as many as 2,040,368 eligible voters abroad are listed in the DPS. Meanwhile, KPU data, he added, conflicted with that of the DP4P, which recorded as many as 2,213,360 eligible voters as of February. (hrl)
- Chinese star Andy Lau fractures spine from horse riding accident
- Indonesian cable TV, property tycoon in DC to attend Trump's inauguration
- Activists apply for judicial review of relaxation of mineral export ban
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- Small farmers not to blame for peat fires: Walhi
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups
- Harry Potter-themed café opens in Singapore
- Apple to raise UK app prices to counter weak pound
- Police investigate possible insult to state symbol during FPI rally
- First-borns tend to be less healthy, study suggests