KPU updates data on eligible voters abroad
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The General Elections Commission (KPU) has said that it is currently working with related institutions to verify the preliminary voters list (DPS) for Indonesian nationals abroad.
The related institutions are the Foreign Affairs Ministry, the Law and Human Rights Ministry as well as organizations focusing on migrant care.
'The institutions will hand down data to us and we will verify it,' KPU commissioner Ferry Kurnia Rizkiyansyah said in Jakarta on Thursday, as quoted by kompas.com.
He said that Indonesians abroad whose names had yet to be listed in the Foreign Ministry's list of eligible voters (DP4P) would have their names recorded in the DPS , adding that the commission would update the data until Sept. 13.
According to Ferry, as many as 2,040,368 eligible voters abroad are listed in the DPS. Meanwhile, KPU data, he added, conflicted with that of the DP4P, which recorded as many as 2,213,360 eligible voters as of February. (hrl)
You might also like :
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- Jakarta gubernatorial candidates fight smear campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears