KPU updates data on eligible voters abroad
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The General Elections Commission (KPU) has said that it is currently working with related institutions to verify the preliminary voters list (DPS) for Indonesian nationals abroad.
The related institutions are the Foreign Affairs Ministry, the Law and Human Rights Ministry as well as organizations focusing on migrant care.
'The institutions will hand down data to us and we will verify it,' KPU commissioner Ferry Kurnia Rizkiyansyah said in Jakarta on Thursday, as quoted by kompas.com.
He said that Indonesians abroad whose names had yet to be listed in the Foreign Ministry's list of eligible voters (DP4P) would have their names recorded in the DPS , adding that the commission would update the data until Sept. 13.
According to Ferry, as many as 2,040,368 eligible voters abroad are listed in the DPS. Meanwhile, KPU data, he added, conflicted with that of the DP4P, which recorded as many as 2,213,360 eligible voters as of February. (hrl)
You might also like :
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence
- Minister Susi to display 10 arrested foreign-flagged fishing vessels
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone