KPU updates data on eligible voters abroad
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The General Elections Commission (KPU) has said that it is currently working with related institutions to verify the preliminary voters list (DPS) for Indonesian nationals abroad.
The related institutions are the Foreign Affairs Ministry, the Law and Human Rights Ministry as well as organizations focusing on migrant care.
'The institutions will hand down data to us and we will verify it,' KPU commissioner Ferry Kurnia Rizkiyansyah said in Jakarta on Thursday, as quoted by kompas.com.
He said that Indonesians abroad whose names had yet to be listed in the Foreign Ministry's list of eligible voters (DP4P) would have their names recorded in the DPS , adding that the commission would update the data until Sept. 13.
According to Ferry, as many as 2,040,368 eligible voters abroad are listed in the DPS. Meanwhile, KPU data, he added, conflicted with that of the DP4P, which recorded as many as 2,213,360 eligible voters as of February. (hrl)
You might also like :
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Jokowi maintains merciless stance on drug dealers
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Odd-even traffic policy at Cikampek toll road to be implemented in morning