First Lady in row over Instagram photo
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
First Lady Ani Yudhoyono became locked in a heated debate on Sunday with her followers on the popular photo and video-sharing social networking site, Instagram, over suspicion that she had doctored a photo posted over the weekend.
The photo at the center of the debate was Ani's shot of a parade at the National Monument (Monas), which served as the background of an oversized figure of her granddaughter Almira Tunggadewi, also known as Aira.
Many were suspicious that the rough edges around Almira's hair may have been the result of photoshop touch-ups.
"Ma'am, this is not photoshopped, is it?" One of Ani's followers known by his Instagram handler @rivanlee said in his comment about the photo.
Other Instagram users also doubted the authenticity of the photo, prompting Ani to post comments defending the quality of her work.
"I cropped the photo, and if Aira looks huge, it is because I was standing close to her," Ani said.
The back and forth continued until Ani gave up and delivered her final message: "It hurts when I am accused of lying," she said.
Ani is also known as an avid photographer and has been active on Instagram and other social media platform.
You might also like :
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- JKT48 manager found dead hanging in bathroom
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers