First Lady in row over Instagram photo
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
First Lady Ani Yudhoyono became locked in a heated debate on Sunday with her followers on the popular photo and video-sharing social networking site, Instagram, over suspicion that she had doctored a photo posted over the weekend.
The photo at the center of the debate was Ani's shot of a parade at the National Monument (Monas), which served as the background of an oversized figure of her granddaughter Almira Tunggadewi, also known as Aira.
Many were suspicious that the rough edges around Almira's hair may have been the result of photoshop touch-ups.
"Ma'am, this is not photoshopped, is it?" One of Ani's followers known by his Instagram handler @rivanlee said in his comment about the photo.
Other Instagram users also doubted the authenticity of the photo, prompting Ani to post comments defending the quality of her work.
"I cropped the photo, and if Aira looks huge, it is because I was standing close to her," Ani said.
The back and forth continued until Ani gave up and delivered her final message: "It hurts when I am accused of lying," she said.
Ani is also known as an avid photographer and has been active on Instagram and other social media platform.
You might also like :
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Government praises Mitsubishi for exporting 21,000 Xpander vehicles
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Most boats in Thousand Islands unsafe: Committee
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers