Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi to visit RI
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi, one of the most powerful senior officials on China's State Council, will arrive in Jakarta on Wednesday for a three-day visit, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
Yang is scheduled to meet several senior Indonesian officials during his visit. 'At the invitation of Indonesian Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Djoko Suyanto, State Councillor Yang Jiechi will pay a visit to Indonesia and co-chair with Minister Suyanto the fourth meeting of the bilateral dialogue mechanism at the deputy prime ministerial level from Sept. 18 to 20,' Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei said in a press release in Beijing on Monday.
The previous meetings were held in 2006, 2010 and 2012.
Yang, China's former foreign minister from 2007-2013, is the chief architect of China's foreign policy, and his current position is higher than foreign minister and below the vice premier.
You might also like :
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Chinese giant jumps into $980m power plant, LNG projects