Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi to visit RI
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi, one of the most powerful senior officials on China's State Council, will arrive in Jakarta on Wednesday for a three-day visit, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
Yang is scheduled to meet several senior Indonesian officials during his visit. 'At the invitation of Indonesian Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Djoko Suyanto, State Councillor Yang Jiechi will pay a visit to Indonesia and co-chair with Minister Suyanto the fourth meeting of the bilateral dialogue mechanism at the deputy prime ministerial level from Sept. 18 to 20,' Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei said in a press release in Beijing on Monday.
The previous meetings were held in 2006, 2010 and 2012.
Yang, China's former foreign minister from 2007-2013, is the chief architect of China's foreign policy, and his current position is higher than foreign minister and below the vice premier.
You might also like :
- Obama's vacation beneficial to Indonesia tourism: Minister
- Obama set to visit Yogyakarta
- US military vessels entered RI waters: Indonesian Navy
- Knife-carrying man nabbed for breaking into headquarters of Central Java Police
- Government resolved to further slash dwell times this year
- North Sumatra police attacker spent six months in Syria: Police
- Greenland now a major driver of rising seas: study
- Interfaith forum condemns terror attack in North Sumatra
- Jokowi donates staple food packages during hometown visit
- Brazil's president counterattacks after graft charge