Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi to visit RI
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi, one of the most powerful senior officials on China's State Council, will arrive in Jakarta on Wednesday for a three-day visit, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
Yang is scheduled to meet several senior Indonesian officials during his visit. 'At the invitation of Indonesian Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Djoko Suyanto, State Councillor Yang Jiechi will pay a visit to Indonesia and co-chair with Minister Suyanto the fourth meeting of the bilateral dialogue mechanism at the deputy prime ministerial level from Sept. 18 to 20,' Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei said in a press release in Beijing on Monday.
The previous meetings were held in 2006, 2010 and 2012.
Yang, China's former foreign minister from 2007-2013, is the chief architect of China's foreign policy, and his current position is higher than foreign minister and below the vice premier.
You might also like :
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Japan selected as partner for Jakarta-Surabaya railway project
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase