Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi to visit RI
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Chinese State Councilor Yang Jiechi, one of the most powerful senior officials on China's State Council, will arrive in Jakarta on Wednesday for a three-day visit, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
Yang is scheduled to meet several senior Indonesian officials during his visit. 'At the invitation of Indonesian Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Djoko Suyanto, State Councillor Yang Jiechi will pay a visit to Indonesia and co-chair with Minister Suyanto the fourth meeting of the bilateral dialogue mechanism at the deputy prime ministerial level from Sept. 18 to 20,' Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei said in a press release in Beijing on Monday.
The previous meetings were held in 2006, 2010 and 2012.
Yang, China's former foreign minister from 2007-2013, is the chief architect of China's foreign policy, and his current position is higher than foreign minister and below the vice premier.
- Two foreign tourists die in motorcycle accident in Bali
- Man accused of charging illegal fees to former East Timor residents
- LPG explosion in Pizza Hut outlet destroys four buildings
- Victory in sight, Clinton still grapples with negative views
- Hong Kong to lure tourists with food festival
- EU supports development of Lake Toba tourism
- Govt urged to pay more attention to farmers' welfare
- Jokowi's achievements need closer scrutiny: Indef
- Australian delegation to meet trade minister Monday for meat talks
- Two Malaysians arrested in Batam for suspected human trafficking