Global palm oil meeting in Medan
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), a multi-stakeholder organization that promotes sustainable practices in the palm oil industry, will convene its 11th annual meeting at the Santika Premiere Dyandra Hotel and Convention in Medan, North Sumatra, on Nov.12-14 to discuss the revised RSPO principles and criteria for the development of the commodity.
RSPO secretary-general Darrel Webber announced on Tuesday the meeting would accommodate delegates from around the world representing various stakeholders and interest groups to explore issues and challenges faced by the industry.
'We do still have a long way ahead of us in achieving our goal in making sustainable palm oil the norm in the market, and the upcoming conference will be an effective forum for all stakeholders--palm oil producers, processors, traders, consumers, bankers and investors and NGOs--to harmonize their vision,' Webber said in a statement.
The RSPO tenth annual meeting in Singapore last year was attended by 800 delegates from 37 countries, he added.
You might also like :
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Business selling expired food in West Jakarta had Rp 6 billion turnover: Police
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- Bank Mandiri to distribute student loans
- Coal domestic price policy to affect state revenue: Officials