Indonesia Mengajar to promote community service in education
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Gerakan Indonesia Mengajar, a movement that sends educated youths to teach in remote areas across Indonesia, will be holding an event ' slated for Oct. 5-6 ' that will promote community service in education.
The event, held at the Ecovention Hall, Ancol, North Jakarta, will feature a host of activities, including the opportunity to create "creative learning mediums" or educational tools to help children's learning process.
"One of the activities will be the creation of videos that will inform kids of various vocations first hand from the professionals themselves," said Hikmat Hardono, executive director of Indonesia Mengajar on Tuesday.
Participants will be able join groups in 10 different 'playgrounds' including the making of educational flashcards, songs and pen-pal letters.
As many as 4,000 participants have already registered, out of an estimated 10,000 places at the event. More information can be accessed through Twitter via the account @FestivalGIM and hashtag #KerjaBakti.
You might also like :
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report