Indonesia Mengajar to promote community service in education
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Gerakan Indonesia Mengajar, a movement that sends educated youths to teach in remote areas across Indonesia, will be holding an event ' slated for Oct. 5-6 ' that will promote community service in education.
The event, held at the Ecovention Hall, Ancol, North Jakarta, will feature a host of activities, including the opportunity to create "creative learning mediums" or educational tools to help children's learning process.
"One of the activities will be the creation of videos that will inform kids of various vocations first hand from the professionals themselves," said Hikmat Hardono, executive director of Indonesia Mengajar on Tuesday.
Participants will be able join groups in 10 different 'playgrounds' including the making of educational flashcards, songs and pen-pal letters.
As many as 4,000 participants have already registered, out of an estimated 10,000 places at the event. More information can be accessed through Twitter via the account @FestivalGIM and hashtag #KerjaBakti.
You might also like :
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Central government certifies islets C and D