The total royal wedding package
The Jakarta Post
The grand wedding at the Yogyakarta palace between the fourth daughter of Sultan Hamengkubuwono X, Gusti Kanjeng Ratu Hayu, and Kanjeng Pangeran Haryo Notonegoro, at the end of October seemed to establish the city of Yogyakarta as one of the cultural pillars of the Indonesian archipelago.
For three consecutive days, the bride and groom were required to follow a series of different wedding rituals.
'The lengthy wedding tradition is indeed steeped in symbols portraying how the couple will enter the bonds of marriage. And this is one of our traditional assets that is no less appealing than those in foreign countries,' said Gusti Pembayun, who directed the royal wedding festivities.
The citizens of Yogyakarta and its environs turned out to show their pride in the traditional, regal event. Tens of thousands of people crowded the streets to welcome the arrival of the young couple and the Sultan, who passed along Malioboro Avenue before joining the wedding procession.
' Photos By JP/Tarko Sudiarno
You might also like :
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash