Tubagus Chaeri Wardana named graft suspect in medical equipment procurement case
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has named Tubagus Chaeri Wardana, aka Wawan, who is also a sibling of Banten Governor Ratu Atut Chosiyah, a suspect in a graft case centering on the procurement of medical equipment for community health centers in South Tangerang, Banten, in the budget period of 2012.
'After investigating the procurement of medical equipment for community health centers in South Tangerang in the budget year of 2012 and holding a case presentation, since Nov.11, we have taken the investigation to the next level in which there are three suspects,' said KPK spokesperson Johan Budi in Jakarta on Tuesday as quoted by Antara news agency.
The suspects are Tubagus Chaeri Wardana, Dadang Prihatna from PT Mikindo Adiguna Pratama and Mamak Jamaksari, the head of health resources and health promotion directorate at South Tangerang who was responsible for the implementation of the project.
'The KPK has charged the three suspects under Article 2 (1) or Article 3 of Law No.31/1999 in reference to Law No.20/2001 on corruption eradication and Article 55 of the Criminal Code,' said Johan.
If proven guilty, they could face a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a Rp 1 billion (US$86,266) fine.
Johan said the antigraft body's investigators raided the South Tangerang General Hospital, the South Tangerang Health Agency and South Tangerang electronic procurement center (LPSE) on Tuesday.
'The project was worth Rp 23 billion and it is suspected that there was a markup in the project,' said Johan. He refused to give more details on state losses caused by the project.
He said the KPK did not as yet plan to summon South Tangerang Mayor Airin Rachmi Diany, who is the wife of Wawan. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Why RCEP is more dangerous than Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Ahok donates Rp 200 million for dancing fountain renovation
- Dutch national arrested over alleged hashish possession
- Redenomination not in near future: Jokowi
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police
- Cut! Regulators at odds with censors
- Celebrities lash out at Trump’s decision to ban transgenders from military service
- Finish your antibiotics course? Maybe not, experts say
- SBY welcomes Prabowo to meeting with 'nasi goreng'
- City to repair sidewalks with leftover budget from Semanggi project