Trial of former SKKMigas head to begin in January
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Former upstream oil and gas regulatory special task force SKKMigas head Rudi Rubiandini will stand trial at the Jakarta Corruption Court beginning in January 2014. Rudi is a suspect in a bribery case related to SKKMigas and in a money laundering case.
'[The case dossier] has been handed over to the court, on Tuesday. The first hearing will take place in January,' said the Corruption Eradication Commission's (KPK) prosecution director, Ranu Mihardja, on Thursday, as quoted by Kompas.com.
The KPK declared the investigation dossiers of graft cases implicating Rudi and his golf coach, Deviardi, 'complete' or P21 on Dec.10, bringing the cases to the prosecution stage.
Rudi, along with Deviardi, was arrested for accepting bribes at his house.
The KPK later arrested the commissioner of oil firm PT Kernel Oil Private Limited (PT KOPL) Simon Gunawan Tanjaya. They were allegedly involved in a bribery case related to an oil project tender process at SKKMigas. The KPK confiscated US$700,000 in bribes during the arrest.
Simon has been sentenced to 3 years in prison. He was found guilty of bribing Rudi with $700,000 based on an instruction from Singapore-based oil trader Kernel Oil president Widodo Ratanachaitong. Simon handed over the money to Rudi via Deviardi.
Widodo has not been questioned by the KPK or given testimony in any hearing.
During hearings, both Simon and Rudi said they did not know each other.
Apart from Widodo, several other names have been linked to the case, namely Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Jero Wacik, Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry secretary-general Waryono Karno, and House of Representatives members Sutan Bhatoegana and Tri Yulianto. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Continuous profit from quail-waste based biogas
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Turkish-led forces in control of Syria's Afrin city
- Trump attacks fairness of Mueller probe
- Tonnes of garbage cleaned up from Galapagos coast