Double-decker buses set to shuttle tourists
Sita W. Dewi
The Jakarta Post
Five double-decker buses arrived in Jakarta on late Monday, and will provide city tours for visitors in the capital.
The five buses, which were unloaded on Tuesday morning at Tanjung Priok Port in North Jakarta, will tour the capital's iconic sites and tourist attractions. Tourists can get on board the buses for free.
Jakarta Tourism and Cultural Agency head Arie Budhiman said that the bus routes had not yet been determined; however, they would likely hit several popular destinations in the city, including Blok M in South Jakarta, the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle, the Textile Museum, the National Monument (Monas) in Central Jakarta and Old Town in West Jakarta.
'We are glad that Jakarta finally has city tour buses. The tourist bus will be a symbolic icon of the capital's tourism,' he said in Jakarta on Tuesday.
'We hope that the double-decker buses will add to the capital's appeal. They are painted on the sides with famous Jakarta tourist sites." (*****)
You might also like :
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed