Double-decker buses set to shuttle tourists
Sita W. Dewi
The Jakarta Post
Five double-decker buses arrived in Jakarta on late Monday, and will provide city tours for visitors in the capital.
The five buses, which were unloaded on Tuesday morning at Tanjung Priok Port in North Jakarta, will tour the capital's iconic sites and tourist attractions. Tourists can get on board the buses for free.
Jakarta Tourism and Cultural Agency head Arie Budhiman said that the bus routes had not yet been determined; however, they would likely hit several popular destinations in the city, including Blok M in South Jakarta, the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle, the Textile Museum, the National Monument (Monas) in Central Jakarta and Old Town in West Jakarta.
'We are glad that Jakarta finally has city tour buses. The tourist bus will be a symbolic icon of the capital's tourism,' he said in Jakarta on Tuesday.
'We hope that the double-decker buses will add to the capital's appeal. They are painted on the sides with famous Jakarta tourist sites." (*****)
You might also like :
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018