Double-decker buses set to shuttle tourists
Sita W. Dewi
The Jakarta Post
Five double-decker buses arrived in Jakarta on late Monday, and will provide city tours for visitors in the capital.
The five buses, which were unloaded on Tuesday morning at Tanjung Priok Port in North Jakarta, will tour the capital's iconic sites and tourist attractions. Tourists can get on board the buses for free.
Jakarta Tourism and Cultural Agency head Arie Budhiman said that the bus routes had not yet been determined; however, they would likely hit several popular destinations in the city, including Blok M in South Jakarta, the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle, the Textile Museum, the National Monument (Monas) in Central Jakarta and Old Town in West Jakarta.
'We are glad that Jakarta finally has city tour buses. The tourist bus will be a symbolic icon of the capital's tourism,' he said in Jakarta on Tuesday.
'We hope that the double-decker buses will add to the capital's appeal. They are painted on the sides with famous Jakarta tourist sites." (*****)
You might also like :
- Ahok withdraws appeal
- Jokowi bestows highest medal to Swedish king
- Vietnamese, Indonesian patrol boats square off in Natuna waters
- Jokowi, Kalla are fine, says Luhut
- Police lambasted for treatment of men arrested at alleged sex party
- Indonesian CEOs seek balanced life for family, careers
- Government needs to focus on Inflation control: Bank Indonesia
- J-pop star Ayumi Hamasaki is going completely deaf
- EDITORIAL: Violent rhetoric's slippery slope
- Jakarta, Seoul tighten bonds as sister cities