KPK should get tough on Anggoro
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) lawmaker Eva Kusuma Sundari called on the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) to come up with a strong case against Anggoro Widjojo, the suspect of a bribery case relating to the 2007 tender of the Integrated Radio Communication System (SKRT) project.
Eva said on Sunday that Anggoro should not be shown leniency, given that he had already escaped prosecution for more than four years. She added that Anggoro, the owner of PT Masaro Radiocom, should be charged with additional articles, on top on the anti-graft articles, after his actions to obstruct the prosecution of the case.
After arresting Anggoro in China last month with the help of Interpol, the KPK should deal with the unfinished case by starting to indict other people related to the dispute, according to Eva.
'We believe that KPK investigators can find the facts and evidence [needed] to bring this case to court,' she said.
Following the arrest of Anggoro, the KPK stepped up its prosecution of the case.
On Friday, KPK spokesperson Johan Budi announced in a press conference that Muhamad Yusuf, the personal chauffeur of former forestry minister MS Kaban, was summoned as a witness in the case against Anggoro. The SKRT project was underway when Kaban was forestry minister.
Anggoro is accused of bribing four lawmakers from Commission IV to ensure his company won the tender in 2006 and 2007.
You might also like :
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga