JCI strengthens 0.49% in afternoon trading
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Composite Index (JCI) strengthened by 0.49 percent to 4,897.05 in Thursday's final trading session, kontan.co.id reported.
Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) data showed 164 shares increased in the afternoon, while 132 shares weakened and 84 shares remained unchanged.
The volume of transactions stood at 3.530 billion stocks worth Rp 4.885 trillion (US$429.88 million).
Stocks in seven sectors traded on the IDX showed improvements in the closing session, with manufacturing leading the pack, strengthening by 4.98 percent.
Agriculture and consumer goods followed in second and third place with gains of 1.74 percent and 1.58 percent, respectively.
Shares on the LQ 45 index that recorded the highest gains were PT Astra Agro Lestari (AALI), PT Multipolar (MLPL) and PT Gudang Garam (GGRM).
Meanwhile, the index's top losers were PT Ciputra Development (CTRA), PT Pakuwon Jati (PWON) and PT Bank Danamon (BDMN). (nfo/nvn)
- Parties launch diversity campaign, counter anti-Ahok rally
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
- Ahok supporters lambasted for bringing party attributes to Car Free Day
- Setya Novanto, Surya Paloh stand up for diversity after anti-Ahok rally
- In remote Indian village, cannabis is its only livelihood
- Transjakarta summons operator for allegedly renting out buses for political gathering
- Four dead, one missing as storms lash southern Thailand
- Indonesia keeps hopes high after 2-1 win over Vietnam
- Jokowi feels euphoria on pitch after victory over Vietnam
- First victim found, 12 remain missing in police plane crash