JCI strengthens 0.49% in afternoon trading
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Composite Index (JCI) strengthened by 0.49 percent to 4,897.05 in Thursday's final trading session, kontan.co.id reported.
Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) data showed 164 shares increased in the afternoon, while 132 shares weakened and 84 shares remained unchanged.
The volume of transactions stood at 3.530 billion stocks worth Rp 4.885 trillion (US$429.88 million).
Stocks in seven sectors traded on the IDX showed improvements in the closing session, with manufacturing leading the pack, strengthening by 4.98 percent.
Agriculture and consumer goods followed in second and third place with gains of 1.74 percent and 1.58 percent, respectively.
Shares on the LQ 45 index that recorded the highest gains were PT Astra Agro Lestari (AALI), PT Multipolar (MLPL) and PT Gudang Garam (GGRM).
Meanwhile, the index's top losers were PT Ciputra Development (CTRA), PT Pakuwon Jati (PWON) and PT Bank Danamon (BDMN). (nfo/nvn)
You might also like :
- Obama’s Bali trip includes museum visit, rice terraces, rafting adventure
- 7-Eleven loses steam due to alcohol ban, tight margin: Business group
- Pakistan marks grim Eid after oil tanker inferno kills 153
- As maids enjoy 'mudik,' Greater Jakarta families stay at hotels
- Medan attack perpetrators want to steal weapons for next terrorist operations: Police
- Jokowi enjoys 'mudik' to Surakarta for Idul Fitri
- N. Jakarta officials improve data to pave way for Anies's OK-OCE program
- Malaysian PM commences five-day vacation in Bali
- Medan Police attackers linked to IS: Police
- Jokowi praised for meeting with opposition Muslim organization during Idul Fitri