VW aims for double-digit growth in China
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
German carmaker Volkswagen is targeting double digit sales growth in China this year and will launch two new hybrid cars in the world's leading auto market, the group's chief said on Saturday.
"For 2014 we have once again set our sights on double-digit growth in China and are aiming to deliver more than 3.5 million vehicles to customers for the first time in a calendar year," Martin Winterkorn, said in a statement released in Beijing.
Volkswagen sales already jumped 16.2 percent in China in 2013.
Winterkorn also announced the launch of two rechargeable hybrid cars specifically for the Chinese market from 2016 -- an Audi A6 and a mid-size VW limousine -- to be produced as part of a joint venture with Chinese partners.
The Volkswagen group which also includes Audi, Skoda, Porsche and Seat is number two in sales in China, behind the United States' General Motors.
"This year our group is aiming to deliver more than 10 million vehicles to customers worldwide for the first time," Winterkorn added. (*****)
You might also like :
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- Jember airport development kicks off
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- Solo dining, karaoke strike chord among solitary Japanese consumers
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers