VW aims for double-digit growth in China
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
German carmaker Volkswagen is targeting double digit sales growth in China this year and will launch two new hybrid cars in the world's leading auto market, the group's chief said on Saturday.
"For 2014 we have once again set our sights on double-digit growth in China and are aiming to deliver more than 3.5 million vehicles to customers for the first time in a calendar year," Martin Winterkorn, said in a statement released in Beijing.
Volkswagen sales already jumped 16.2 percent in China in 2013.
Winterkorn also announced the launch of two rechargeable hybrid cars specifically for the Chinese market from 2016 -- an Audi A6 and a mid-size VW limousine -- to be produced as part of a joint venture with Chinese partners.
The Volkswagen group which also includes Audi, Skoda, Porsche and Seat is number two in sales in China, behind the United States' General Motors.
"This year our group is aiming to deliver more than 10 million vehicles to customers worldwide for the first time," Winterkorn added. (*****)
You might also like :
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape