TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

AGO targeting governors, regents in graft allegation

The Attorney General’s Office (AGO) is still tracing suspicious bank accounts belonging to Southeast Sulawesi Governor Nur Alam, Central Kalimantan Governor Teras Narang, Pulang Pisau regent Eddy Pratowo, Bengkalis regent Herlyan Saleh, Seruyan regent Sudarsono, Klungkung regent I Wayan Candra and Rejanglebong regent Suherman

The Jakarta Post
Jakarta
Fri, June 12, 2015 Published on Jun. 12, 2015 Published on 2015-06-12T23:20:43+07:00

Change text size

Gift Premium Articles
to Anyone

Share the best of The Jakarta Post with friends, family, or colleagues. As a subscriber, you can gift 3 to 5 articles each month that anyone can read—no subscription needed!

T

he Attorney General'€™s Office (AGO) is still tracing suspicious bank accounts belonging to Southeast Sulawesi Governor Nur Alam, Central Kalimantan Governor Teras Narang, Pulang Pisau regent Eddy Pratowo, Bengkalis regent Herlyan Saleh, Seruyan regent Sudarsono, Klungkung regent I Wayan Candra and Rejanglebong regent Suherman.

Director of investigation unit of the AGO'€™s special crimes division Maruli Hutagalung said here on Friday that the investigation was based on the findings of Financial Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (PPATK), which had previously detected the suspicious bank accounts.

'€œWe are carrying out a further investigation into Nur Alam'€™s bank account. An investigating team has been deployed to collect relevant evidence,'€ he said as quoted by kompas.com.

He said the team was still investigating allegations on the flow of funds from Nur Alam'€™s bank account to a mining company Richcorp International Ltd. in Hong Kong and the team had delivered a letter of questions to Hong Kong.

'€œWe'€™ve drawn up questions and then sent them to Hong Kong to get their answers. We have already received the questions'€™ answers. The team is still studying the answers,'€ he said. (rms)(+++)

Your Opinion Matters

Share your experiences, suggestions, and any issues you've encountered on The Jakarta Post. We're here to listen.

Enter at least 30 characters
0 / 30

Thank You

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback.

Share options

Quickly share this news with your network—keep everyone informed with just a single click!

Change text size options

Customize your reading experience by adjusting the text size to small, medium, or large—find what’s most comfortable for you.

Gift Premium Articles
to Anyone

Share the best of The Jakarta Post with friends, family, or colleagues. As a subscriber, you can gift 3 to 5 articles each month that anyone can read—no subscription needed!

Continue in the app

Get the best experience—faster access, exclusive features, and a seamless way to stay updated.