Govt confirms Alaskan lodge fire claims life of Indonesian tycoon's daughter
The Jakarta Post
The Foreign Ministry confirmed on Tuesday that the life of one Indonesian was claimed in a fire at a lodge on Kodiak Island off Alaska, the US. Three others were injured in the fire.
Indonesian businesswoman Silvana Sutanto died in the fire. Her body was taken to Anchorage, the city closest to Kodiak Island, for an autopsy.
"The procedure should be carried out in accordance with local regulations to find the cause of death," a Foreign Ministry statement said.
Silvana, who was reportedly in Alaska on a family vacation, was the daughter of Harjo Sutanto, co-founder of Indonesian conglomerate Wings Group.
She was a permanent resident of Singapore and was the director of five wellness and investment companies there, including United Wealth Industries, the Inspiration Shop and Universal Wellbeing, the Straits Times reported on Monday.
Two of the injured have been identified as Indonesian siblings Shaun and Danielle Gozali, both of whom sustained injuries in the incident. The third person was Korean.
They were flown to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, Washington state, for treatment.
According to the Foreign Ministry, Shaun and Danielle are in intensive care but in stable condition.
A fire broke out at the Spirit of Alaska Wilderness Lodge at Uyak Bay on June 2, at 4:09 a.m. local time.
No details are available on the cause of the fire, according to local reports on alaskapublic.org. (dan)
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements