BHP Billiton sells RI coal asset to Adaro for a bargain
Fedina S. Sundaryani
The Jakarta Post
The world’s biggest mining company, BHP Billiton, is selling the whole of its 75 percent stake in a joint venture, IndoMet Coal, to its partner, local coal miner Adaro Energy, for the bargain price of US$120 million amid plunging global coal prices.
That compares with the $335 million Adaro paid for a 25 percent stake in IndoMet Coal back in 2010, signifying a drastic price cut amidst per...
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh