BHP Billiton sells RI coal asset to Adaro for a bargain
Fedina S. Sundaryani
The Jakarta Post
The world’s biggest mining company, BHP Billiton, is selling the whole of its 75 percent stake in a joint venture, IndoMet Coal, to its partner, local coal miner Adaro Energy, for the bargain price of US$120 million amid plunging global coal prices.
That compares with the $335 million Adaro paid for a 25 percent stake in IndoMet Coal back in 2010, signifying a drastic price cut amidst per...
- Soekarno-Hatta Airport to implement cashless transactions for parking
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan