BHP Billiton sells RI coal asset to Adaro for a bargain
Fedina S. Sundaryani
The Jakarta Post
The world’s biggest mining company, BHP Billiton, is selling the whole of its 75 percent stake in a joint venture, IndoMet Coal, to its partner, local coal miner Adaro Energy, for the bargain price of US$120 million amid plunging global coal prices.
That compares with the $335 million Adaro paid for a 25 percent stake in IndoMet Coal back in 2010, signifying a drastic price cut amidst per...
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources