BHP Billiton sells RI coal asset to Adaro for a bargain
Fedina S. Sundaryani
The Jakarta Post
The world’s biggest mining company, BHP Billiton, is selling the whole of its 75 percent stake in a joint venture, IndoMet Coal, to its partner, local coal miner Adaro Energy, for the bargain price of US$120 million amid plunging global coal prices.
That compares with the $335 million Adaro paid for a 25 percent stake in IndoMet Coal back in 2010, signifying a drastic price cut amidst per...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India