BHP Billiton sells RI coal asset to Adaro for a bargain
Fedina S. Sundaryani
The Jakarta Post
The world’s biggest mining company, BHP Billiton, is selling the whole of its 75 percent stake in a joint venture, IndoMet Coal, to its partner, local coal miner Adaro Energy, for the bargain price of US$120 million amid plunging global coal prices.
That compares with the $335 million Adaro paid for a 25 percent stake in IndoMet Coal back in 2010, signifying a drastic price cut amidst per...
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- Victoria's Secret to charm China with fashion gala
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations