Renewable energy must be boosted five-fold by 2025: Jokowi
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo has underlined the importance of clean energy development and energy conservation in the nation’s roadmap of energy development up to 2050.
At the National Energy Board (DEN) plenary meeting at the Presidential Office, he called for an acceleration of renewable energy development five-fold so that clean energy could reach 23 percent of the total energy mix by 2025.
"Please, no more sectoral egos. It's a national commitment, our mutual commitment. I want the establishment of a general plan for national energy, or RUEN, to encourage aggressive development of clean energy and energy conservation," he said in Jakarta on Wednesday.
Jokowi said now is the time for Indonesia to set a more comprehensive roadmap of development in the energy sector as the guideline for the central government, local administrations, state enterprises and stakeholders to work hand-in-hand in a long-term partnership.
"I hope the general plan of national energy can answer the energy problems we face today and can anticipate global energy problems in the future," the President said.
He also said that Indonesia should use the persistent downward trend of global oil prices as an opportunity to reform the energy sector, from the upstream to the downstream side. (ags)
You might also like :
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- EDITORIAL: Boring, yet realistic budget
- Government to spend Rp 404t on infrastructure projects in 2018
- Status: Online, but not present
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic