5 children drown at Pemali River in Central Java
The Jakarta Post
Seven children were swept by a river current at the Pemali River in Brebes, Central Java, on Monday. Three were found dead on the riverbed, while another two died while undergoing treatment at the Brebes city hospital.
"Two of four salvaged survivors died during treatment at the city hospital," Semarang search and rescue team spokesman Maulana Affandi was quoted as saying by kompas.com on Tuesday.
Seven children from the Muslimat orphanage were reportedly swept away by a river current while washing sacrificial meat following Idul Adha celebrations.
The five fatalities were identified as Mustakim, 18, Andre Bimantoro, 14, Sandi Kasmana, 14, Moh Ubaidillah, 16 and Kamaludin, 13. (dmr)
You might also like :
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace