5 children drown at Pemali River in Central Java
The Jakarta Post
Seven children were swept by a river current at the Pemali River in Brebes, Central Java, on Monday. Three were found dead on the riverbed, while another two died while undergoing treatment at the Brebes city hospital.
"Two of four salvaged survivors died during treatment at the city hospital," Semarang search and rescue team spokesman Maulana Affandi was quoted as saying by kompas.com on Tuesday.
Seven children from the Muslimat orphanage were reportedly swept away by a river current while washing sacrificial meat following Idul Adha celebrations.
The five fatalities were identified as Mustakim, 18, Andre Bimantoro, 14, Sandi Kasmana, 14, Moh Ubaidillah, 16 and Kamaludin, 13. (dmr)
You might also like :
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy