Failure of negative nominal interest rates
Central bankers around the world have been playing “follow the leader” when it comes to monetary policy. To this end, Bank Indonesia has been operating in lock step with the US Federal Reserve policies that have been suppressing interest rates ever closer to, and below, zero.
Monetary policy is partly guided by a belief that lowering the cost of borrowing and the returns on bonds will l...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi
- Global warming may have 'devastating' effects on rice: Study
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- BTS’ new album shows what truly matters
- Costly holiday
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- China fines Muji for packaging that lists Taiwan as a country