Failure of negative nominal interest rates
Central bankers around the world have been playing “follow the leader” when it comes to monetary policy. To this end, Bank Indonesia has been operating in lock step with the US Federal Reserve policies that have been suppressing interest rates ever closer to, and below, zero.
Monetary policy is partly guided by a belief that lowering the cost of borrowing and the returns on bonds will l...
- World Bank lauds Indonesia’s fiscal framework
- Political, polygamy messages take center stage in some Idul Fitri speeches
- Sri Mulyani marks Idul Fitri with slip of tongue
- MPR speaker entertains guests with political jokes, conversation
- Indonesia condemns Mecca suicide bomb attempt
- Messi's gritty hometown braces for a glam wedding
- Jakarta Cathedral cancels three morning masses for Idul Fitri prayer
- Locals thrilled to share Idul Fitri with Jokowi's mother
- Krakatau Steel aims to reach break-even point in 2017
- Semarang archbishop visits Idul Fitri revelers, conveys greeting from Vatican