Failure of negative nominal interest rates
Central bankers around the world have been playing “follow the leader” when it comes to monetary policy. To this end, Bank Indonesia has been operating in lock step with the US Federal Reserve policies that have been suppressing interest rates ever closer to, and below, zero.
Monetary policy is partly guided by a belief that lowering the cost of borrowing and the returns on bonds will l...
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- 'City budget signed by governor': Jokowi responds to Sylviana
- No need to complain: Jokowi on SBY's tweet
- Android users can now search Google while offline
- SBY’s Twitter whine his own business: VP
- Korean star rapper Gary returns to ‘Running Man’
- The economic policy Trump should pursue
- Celebrate year of the rooster at these modern Chinese restaurants
- Dynamic Thai duo stand out at weather-hit SMBC Singapore Open
- At least 32 killed, 50 injured as train derails in India