Failure of negative nominal interest rates
Central bankers around the world have been playing “follow the leader” when it comes to monetary policy. To this end, Bank Indonesia has been operating in lock step with the US Federal Reserve policies that have been suppressing interest rates ever closer to, and below, zero.
Monetary policy is partly guided by a belief that lowering the cost of borrowing and the returns on bonds will l...
- Sherina sings for Studio Ghibli’s TVC project
- Indonesia to declare battle against marine plastic debris
- Freeport Indonesia chief resigns as dispute over mining policy intensifies
- Who is Siti Aisyah? Foreign agent or gullible migrant worker?
- Three named suspects for feasting on orangutan in Kapuas
- Rising participation among Chinese-Indonesians: What’s next?
- Jokowi in-law plays key role in bribery case
- Life-size 'Lego House' to open in Denmark
- Zoos to be standardized to combat animal abuse
- Malaysian Police: North Korean Ri Jong Chol is fourth suspect arrested