Failure of negative nominal interest rates
Central bankers around the world have been playing “follow the leader” when it comes to monetary policy. To this end, Bank Indonesia has been operating in lock step with the US Federal Reserve policies that have been suppressing interest rates ever closer to, and below, zero.
Monetary policy is partly guided by a belief that lowering the cost of borrowing and the returns on bonds will l...
- Indonesian education index lower than Philippines, Ethiopia
- KPK found $200,000 during Andi Narogong’s arrest
- Candidates rachet up tensions
- Barus now symbol of ‘Islam Nusantara’
- US military aircraft waiting for repair team: Commander
- Densus 88 searches house of suspected terrorist in Ciputat
- Bali to join Earth Hour
- Papuan separatists end resistance, pledge allegiance to NKRI
- Papua to get 5 percent, Luhut says on Freeport divestment
- Modern public library prepared for East Jakarta