Failure of negative nominal interest rates
Central bankers around the world have been playing “follow the leader” when it comes to monetary policy. To this end, Bank Indonesia has been operating in lock step with the US Federal Reserve policies that have been suppressing interest rates ever closer to, and below, zero.
Monetary policy is partly guided by a belief that lowering the cost of borrowing and the returns on bonds will l...
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- Aceh highlights traditional cuisine to promote halal tourism
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival
- Four university staff, students suspected as HTI supporters