Ethnic Chinese to run in Papua election
Nethy Dharma Somba, Apriadi Gunawan and Agus Maryono
The Jakarta Post
In a place like Papua where communal conflicts are common, it takes unusual courage to even express a different opinion. And, of course, the stakes are even higher for an outsider challenging Papuans in the local elections.
Defying opposition from Papuans, a Chinese-Indonesian woman is running for a top post in the Jayapura regency in the Feb. 15 poll. Yanni is not the only woman who will c...
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Myanmarese fugitive arrested for trafficking
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- Indonesian research productivity lacking: LIPI
- EDITORIAL: Dualistic authorities in Batam