Ethnic Chinese to run in Papua election
Nethy Dharma Somba, Apriadi Gunawan and Agus Maryono
The Jakarta Post
In a place like Papua where communal conflicts are common, it takes unusual courage to even express a different opinion. And, of course, the stakes are even higher for an outsider challenging Papuans in the local elections.
Defying opposition from Papuans, a Chinese-Indonesian woman is running for a top post in the Jayapura regency in the Feb. 15 poll. Yanni is not the only woman who will c...
- Scientists may have found a cause of dyslexia
- Google Maps expands solar system feature
- Army planned to overthrow Sukarno in 1965: US declassified files
- Malaysian actor jailed for 11 years for smuggling meth to Medan
- Indonesia, Qatar to set up business council
- 3 killed, two wounded in Maryland shooting, gunman flees
- Philippine woman who died in S. Jakarta known as a lecturer
- Commentary: The 'non-pribumi' Anies Baswedan is my governor now
- Ed Sheeran cancels Asia tour dates after cycling accident
- Kalla rejects idea of police anticorruption squad