Ethnic Chinese to run in Papua election
Nethy Dharma Somba, Apriadi Gunawan and Agus Maryono
The Jakarta Post
In a place like Papua where communal conflicts are common, it takes unusual courage to even express a different opinion. And, of course, the stakes are even higher for an outsider challenging Papuans in the local elections.
Defying opposition from Papuans, a Chinese-Indonesian woman is running for a top post in the Jayapura regency in the Feb. 15 poll. Yanni is not the only woman who will c...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion
- Only 40 percent of Indonesians can afford to buy a house: Sri Mulyani
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year