Ethnic Chinese to run in Papua election
Nethy Dharma Somba, Apriadi Gunawan and Agus Maryono
The Jakarta Post
In a place like Papua where communal conflicts are common, it takes unusual courage to even express a different opinion. And, of course, the stakes are even higher for an outsider challenging Papuans in the local elections.
Defying opposition from Papuans, a Chinese-Indonesian woman is running for a top post in the Jayapura regency in the Feb. 15 poll. Yanni is not the only woman who will c...
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Modi talks tough on separatists after meeting Trudeau
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- Dangdut legend Elvi Sukaesih set to receive police summons for her children’s alleged drug abuse