PPP: Reserve presidency for ‘natives’
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
As the People’s Consultative Assembly (MPR) kicked off the debate for the fifth amendment of the 1945 Constitution, political factions have put forward some proposals that they hope could shore up their political bases.
In a bid to strengthen its appeal with Muslim voters, the Islamic-based United Development Party (PPP) has proposed that the amendment includes a provision stipulating tha...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income