PPP: Reserve presidency for ‘natives’
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
As the People’s Consultative Assembly (MPR) kicked off the debate for the fifth amendment of the 1945 Constitution, political factions have put forward some proposals that they hope could shore up their political bases.
In a bid to strengthen its appeal with Muslim voters, the Islamic-based United Development Party (PPP) has proposed that the amendment includes a provision stipulating tha...
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Three candidates for Pertamina CEO submitted to President
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia, India sign business-to-business agreement on palm oil
- Blitar bans school from giving students homework
- 'Language is my ultimate weapon': Ivan Lanin