PPP: Reserve presidency for ‘natives’
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
As the People’s Consultative Assembly (MPR) kicked off the debate for the fifth amendment of the 1945 Constitution, political factions have put forward some proposals that they hope could shore up their political bases.
In a bid to strengthen its appeal with Muslim voters, the Islamic-based United Development Party (PPP) has proposed that the amendment includes a provision stipulating tha...
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Toddler breaks leg in escalator accident in Bengkulu
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Hawaii shark bite victim previously attacked by bear, snake
- Nine injured in Thousand Islands boat explosion
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Lafleur '82 magnums fetch more than $12,000 each at Sotheby's