PPP: Reserve presidency for ‘natives’
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani
The Jakarta Post
As the People’s Consultative Assembly (MPR) kicked off the debate for the fifth amendment of the 1945 Constitution, political factions have put forward some proposals that they hope could shore up their political bases.
In a bid to strengthen its appeal with Muslim voters, the Islamic-based United Development Party (PPP) has proposed that the amendment includes a provision stipulating tha...
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Two dead, seven injured in Prague hotel fire