Australia’s Blackmagic Design to open production facility in Batam
The Jakarta Post
Blackmagic Design Manufacturing (BDM), a Singaporean unit of Australian manufacturer of electronic equipment for broadcast and video production Blackmagic Design, will open next month a new production facility in Batam, Riau, Islands, with a total investment of US$4 million.
The facility, located inside Batamindo Industrial Park, will absorb at least 150 employees and start production in December. The company submitted on Monday an investment permit.
Ady Sugiharto, an official with the Batam Indonesia Free Zone Authority’s (BP Batam) Investment Coordinating Board, said the company had secured its investment permit from local authorities on Monday.
“They submitted their investment permit application on Monday and received approval within three hours,” Ady said on Tuesday.
Batamindo general manager Mook Sooi Wah also confirmed BDM’s plan to start a production facility in the industrial park.
"Two months ago, they visited Batam and decided to build a factory here. A year before, they had also come here to learn about the situation," said Mook. (hwa)
You might also like :
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy