Christmas service in Bandung canceled due to protest
The Jakarta Post
The Reformed Injili Indonesia Church in Bandung canceled a Christmas service at the Sasana Budaya Ganesha building in Bandung on Tuesday after a protest by dozens of Ahlu Sunnah Defenders (PAS) members.
“Please tell us what we should do so we can [worship here],” event committee member Didi Karnadi pleaded before the protesters.
The building is popular for public events in the West Java provincial capital with the main auditorium able to accommodate up to 2,500 people.
PAS leader M. Roinul Balad denied that the group was intolerant of other religions. “Please just worship at your church, not in a public space,” he said.
You might also like :
- Official turns mute about flourishing prostitution in his area
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- High alert: Mt. Agung eruption imminent
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- Addressing challenges of VAT collection in digital economy
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle': Star-studded cast, bigger action