Christmas service in Bandung canceled due to protest
The Jakarta Post
The Reformed Injili Indonesia Church in Bandung canceled a Christmas service at the Sasana Budaya Ganesha building in Bandung on Tuesday after a protest by dozens of Ahlu Sunnah Defenders (PAS) members.
“Please tell us what we should do so we can [worship here],” event committee member Didi Karnadi pleaded before the protesters.
The building is popular for public events in the West Java provincial capital with the main auditorium able to accommodate up to 2,500 people.
PAS leader M. Roinul Balad denied that the group was intolerant of other religions. “Please just worship at your church, not in a public space,” he said.
You might also like :
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- Female baristas serve free coffee at Jakarta Kota Station