Christmas service in Bandung canceled due to protest
The Jakarta Post
The Reformed Injili Indonesia Church in Bandung canceled a Christmas service at the Sasana Budaya Ganesha building in Bandung on Tuesday after a protest by dozens of Ahlu Sunnah Defenders (PAS) members.
“Please tell us what we should do so we can [worship here],” event committee member Didi Karnadi pleaded before the protesters.
The building is popular for public events in the West Java provincial capital with the main auditorium able to accommodate up to 2,500 people.
PAS leader M. Roinul Balad denied that the group was intolerant of other religions. “Please just worship at your church, not in a public space,” he said.
You might also like :
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Clooneys donate $500,000 to student gun reform march
- Indonesia prepares four fiscal incentives to boost investment
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Seven lesser-known dive areas in Indonesia
- Qatar Airways receives world’s first Airbus A350-1000
- Jokowi redeems Metallica double-LP set from KPK
- Minister to evaluate Waskita’s board of directors over accident
- Dementia clearly linked to chronic boozing: Study
- BTN, Generali introduce insurance product for mortgage customers