Christmas service in Bandung canceled due to protest
The Jakarta Post
The Reformed Injili Indonesia Church in Bandung canceled a Christmas service at the Sasana Budaya Ganesha building in Bandung on Tuesday after a protest by dozens of Ahlu Sunnah Defenders (PAS) members.
“Please tell us what we should do so we can [worship here],” event committee member Didi Karnadi pleaded before the protesters.
The building is popular for public events in the West Java provincial capital with the main auditorium able to accommodate up to 2,500 people.
PAS leader M. Roinul Balad denied that the group was intolerant of other religions. “Please just worship at your church, not in a public space,” he said.
You might also like :
- Jakarta officials confirm Ahok returned Rp 1.2b in operational funds
- 7 people caught red-handed by KPK in alleged bribery case
- Ramadhan begins on Saturday, govt says
- Ahok resigns from post, returns money
- Study finds moratorium does little to curb deforestation
- Children’s book launched to promote Indonesian culture, wildlife
- Further attacks feared following IS-claimed Jakarta twin blasts
- BNI leads 15 other banks to finance toll road in Central Java
- EDITORIAL: Clear and present danger
- NU intensifies monitoring to curb radicalism during Ramadhan