Christmas service in Bandung canceled due to protest
The Jakarta Post
The Reformed Injili Indonesia Church in Bandung canceled a Christmas service at the Sasana Budaya Ganesha building in Bandung on Tuesday after a protest by dozens of Ahlu Sunnah Defenders (PAS) members.
“Please tell us what we should do so we can [worship here],” event committee member Didi Karnadi pleaded before the protesters.
The building is popular for public events in the West Java provincial capital with the main auditorium able to accommodate up to 2,500 people.
PAS leader M. Roinul Balad denied that the group was intolerant of other religions. “Please just worship at your church, not in a public space,” he said.
You might also like :
- Is one day strolling in Seoul enough?
- Album Review: 'Automatic for the people' by R.E.M
- At least 200 killed in gun and bomb attack on mosque in Egypt
- Saudi crown prince calls Iran's supreme leader 'new Hitler'
- Luhut rejects PLN’s wish to review agreements with power producers
- Tourism ministry holds human resources training in Surabaya
- Police uncover alleged human trafficking of Indonesians into China
- Jokowi inaugurates Silangit International Airport
- Indonesian, Japanese fishermen await repatriation after capsizing
- Ministers plan talks on request to block Airbnb